Exinda is growing our team adding a mixture of junior and senior developers who will be responsible for building our Network Orchestrator and Orchestrator Central product UIs. As part of one of these agile scrum teams, you will be working on all aspects of the product and development environment. Whether it is working with cutting edge new technologies, creating fluid user interfaces, optimizing client side performance, or solving challenging scaling problems; there is interesting work awaiting you. The office environment is open and collaborative with an emphasis on software craftsmanship, continuous integration, and test automation practices.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for helping design the UI and its architecture
- Code implementation of new functionality
- Assist IT administrators by making detailed data graphically clear
- Maintaining and improving the automated test coverage of the system. Quality is a very important aspect of our system. Assured quality through the use of automated tests is a must.
- Continuously improve the development practices around the products including improvements to the build system, and automated testing systems
- Addressing our technical debt by putting improvements throughout our codebase
- Fixing those (hopefully rare) problems that made it past our testing
We want learning to be a part of your experience with us so we don’t expect you to arrive knowing everything we need but the more matches you have the better fit you’ll be for the role and our team. Our wish list includes the following:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields
- Java, JEE knowledge and experience is a bonus
- Strong understanding of networking in TCP/IP based client-server development
- Familiar with open web standards and best practices for building next generation web applications
- Comfortable developing in a Linux environment
- Used to thinking in terms of solving customer problems not just technologies
- Familiar with MVC frameworks
- Understanding of HTTP and REST
- Experienced with unit testing and TDD
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented principles and patterns
- Experience in other languages (PHP, Java) is a strong asset
Tell us what special skills you’ll bring to Exinda to help us help others!
About Network Orchestrator
The WAN Orchestration System guarantees application performance, improves the end-user experience, constrains recreational applications and reduces network operating costs for the IT executive.
That means we help teachers teach by ensuring that learning systems like those from D2L, Instructure, or Blackboard are accelerated and have reserved bandwidth. It also means we help people in Africa bank by accelerating the satellite links needed to connect local branches to the main banks. Help us help the UN spend more money helping people grow food in Africa and less paying for bandwidth or wasting time waiting for their systems at head office to respond.
About Orchestrator Central
Picture trying to maintain a schoolboard full of exindas. Over 800 devices deployed at the various schools speeding access to the files at the board office and internet as well as controlling which applications can be run. Different policies for the highschools compared to the primary schools are required. Which schools are choking their bandwidth? How much time is needed to visit each school to perform software upgrades? Orchestrator Central helps administrators be more efficient by centralizing all of that into one location. Policy libraries can be developed, exindas put into groups and appropriate policies and customizations can be updated as needed. Software updates can be pushed or scheduled from the central location. This provides the administrators time to help the schools and students by fixing problems rather than making repetitive updates.
Exinda is an innovative networking company recently recognized as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. We have over 15,000 appliances installed in more than 3500 organizations worldwide. We are winning in the market because of our passion for innovation – we’re committed to pushing the boundaries in software development.