Are you passionate about helping to ensure the quality of software releases that solve real life problems?
Do you enjoy writing automation tests to validate new caching algorithms or tunneling protocols, or performing exploratory testing on new features and user interfaces?
Are you looking for a chance to take an ownership role in product quality? Do you want a role that will allow you to make a significant impact to the bottom line of the company in a work environment that lets you have fun while you do it?
If so then we are looking to meet you!
Exinda is growing our team with a mixture of junior and senior team members who are responsible for building our products. As part of one of our agile scrum teams, you will be working on all forms of testing our products. The office environment is open and collaborative with an emphasis on software craftsmanship, continuous integration, and test automation practices.
What you’ll do
- Blend automated and manual testing to ensure our customers have exceptional experiences with our products
- Exploratory testing
- Feature testing
- Final release testing
- New product candidate hardware testing
- Performance testing
- Extend our automation system using Python, shell scripting, Perl, and Ruby to run VMware, IXIA, and Cisco boxes
- File and validate bugs and fixes
- Work with support to replicate and test fixes for customer escalations
- Report on software and release quality
- Oh yes – don’t forget setting up a huge number of different networks
We want learning to be a part of your experience with us so we don’t expect you to arrive knowing everything we need but the more matches you have the better fit you’ll be for the role and our team. Our wish list includes the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields
- A strong desire to make a difference and produce a top quality product
- Used to thinking in terms of solving customer problems not just checking features
- Scripting language knowledge and experience (perl, python, etc)
- Linux experience
- Strong networking experience in TCP/IP based client-server development
- CCNA or CCNP certified is a bonus
- Unified communications/VOIP knowledge is a bonus
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Cloud hosting experience
- Experience working in an agile team environment
Tell us what special skills you’ll bring to Exinda to help us help them!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please apply online through our careers page and, along with your resume, include a cover letter pointing us to your LinkedIn profile, and some examples of how you have ensured quality of past solutions you’ve tested.