Are you passionate about helping to ensure the quality of software releases that solve real life problems?
Do you enjoy writing automation tests to validate new caching algorithms or tunneling protocols, or performing exploratory testing on new features and user interfaces?
Are you looking for a chance to take an ownership role in product quality? Do you want a role that will allow you to make a significant impact to the bottom line of the company in a work environment that lets you have fun while you do it?
If so then we are looking to meet you!
Exinda is growing our team with a mixture of junior and senior team members who are responsible for building our Appliance WAN Orchestration System. As part of our agile scrum team, you will be working on all forms of testing our products. The office environment is open and collaborative with an emphasis on software craftsmanship, continuous integration, and test automation practices.
What you’ll do
- Blend automated and manual testing to ensure our customers have exceptional experiences with our products
- Final release testing
- Exploratory testing
- Feature testing
- New product candidate hardware testing
- Performance testing
- Extend our automation system using python, shell scripting, perl, ruby, cucumber, and selenium to run VMware, IXIA, and Cisco boxes
- File and validate bugs and fixes
- Work with support to replicate and test fixes for customer escalations
- Report on software and release quality
- Oh yes – don’t forget setting up a huge number of different networks
We want learning to be a part of your experience with us so we don’t expect you to arrive knowing everything we need but the more matches you have the better fit you’ll be for the role and our team. Our wish list includes the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields
- A strong desire to make a difference and produce a top quality product
- Used to thinking in terms of solving customer problems not just checking features
- Scripting language knowledge and experience (perl, python, etc)
- Linux experience
- Strong networking experience in TCP/IP based client-server development
- Experienced with unit testing and TDD
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Cloud hosting experience
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Tell us what special skills you’ll bring to Exinda to help us help them!
About Network Orchestrator
The WAN Orchestration System guarantees application performance, improves the end-user experience, contains recreational applications and reduces network operating costs for the IT executive. Unlike conventional WAN optimization solutions that focus on acceleration only, Network Orchestrator delivers assessment, acceleration and assurance capabilities within a single integrated offering to assure user experience for any application, anywhere, any time.
That means we help teachers teach by making ensuring that learning systems like those from D2L, Instructure, or Blackboard are accelerated and have reserved bandwidth. It also means we help people in Africa bank by accelerating the satellite links needed to connect local branches to the main banks. Help us help the UN spend more money helping people grow food in Africa and less paying for bandwidth or wasting time waiting for their systems at head office to respond.
Exinda is an innovative networking company recently recognized as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. We have over 15,000 appliances installed in more than 3500 organizations worldwide. We are winning in the market because of our passion for innovation – we’re committed to pushing the boundaries in software development.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please apply online through our careers page and, along with your resume, include a cover letter pointing us to your linked in profile, and some examples of how you have ensured quality of past solutions you’ve tested.